- Enables appliances with an Italian (type L) 10A plug to be used with a 13A UK (type G) socket. Please note that it is not compatible with the larger 16A plug.
- The adaptor is also compatible with type A (American two pin NEMA 1-15), type B (American three pin NEMA 5-15) and type C (Europlug) plugs.
- The unit has a 10A fuse, which is a requirement in the UK for safety.
- The factory fitted 13A fuse has been changed to 10A to match the Italian plugs maxium current.
- Maximum load 10A.
What is a type L plug?
A type L plug is pictured and the following technical details may also help to identify it:
|Common Names||Configuration||Voltage||Max Current (Amp)|
3 pins in parallel
Live, neutral and Earth pins: Round, 4mm diameter, 19mm long. Outer pins are 19mm apart.
Unpolarised (plug can be inserted either way around)
What countries use a type L plug?
The plug is used in 8 countries. Please note that some countries may use a wide range of plugs; if you are unsure, check out our Travel Adaptors for UK Visitors Guide.
Chile, Eritrea, Italy, Libya, Maldives, San Marino, Syrian Arab Republic and Uruguay.
Why buy your travel adaptors from us?
We began to sell travel adaptors after becoming concerned at how many sub-standard unsafe adaptors were being sold on the internet. A vast number of those on-line present with some or all of the following safety issues:
- Unsheathed pins, increasing the risk of electrocution, particularly for children whose small fingers may be able to touch the live pin when the plug is only partially inserted.
- Non-shuttered sockets, enabling a child to insert a metal object into the live receptacle and receive an electric shock.
- Cannot safely manage the maximum current (power draw) that may occur from the rating of the socket they are recommended to be used with. This means that high power appliances may result in the adaptor over-heating,
- Often do not connect the vital earth pin. Some appliances require an earth connection so that if a fault occurs and an external metal part becomes live, the earth wire safely conducts the electricity away, tripping the circuit breaker or blowing the fuse. If the earth is not connected, the metal will remain live, electrocuting anyone who touches it.
All of our travel adaptors have been carefully selected following exhaustive tests, to ensure that they are entirely safe for use in the UK. They are not the cheapest on-line, but we guarantee that they are the safest.