- Enables appliances with a Danish (type K) plug to be used with a 13A UK (type G) socket.
- The unit has a 13A fuse, which is a requirement in the UK for safety.
- Maximum load 13A.
What is a type K plug?
A type K plug is pictured and the following technical details may also help to identify it:
|Common Names||Configuration||Voltage||Max Current (Amp)|
3 pins in a triangle
Live and neutral pins: Round, 4.8mm diameter, 19 mm long
Earth pin: U-shaped, 6.5mm diameter/4mm thick, 14 mm long.
Polarised (plug can only be inserted one way around)
What countries use a type K plug?
The plug is used in 9 countries. Please note that some countries may use a wide range of plugs; if you are unsure, check out our Travel Adaptors for UK Visitors Guide.
Bangladesh, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Guinea, Madagascar, Maldives, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Senegal.
Why buy your travel adaptors from us?
We began to sell travel adaptors after becoming concerned at how many sub-standard unsafe adaptors were being sold on the internet. A vast number of those on-line present with some or all of the following safety issues:
- Unsheathed pins, increasing the risk of electrocution, particularly for children whose small fingers may be able to touch the live pin when the plug is only partially inserted.
- Non-shuttered sockets, enabling a child to insert a metal object into the live receptacle and receive an electric shock.
- Cannot safely manage the maximum current (power draw) that may occur from the rating of the socket they are recommended to be used with. This means that high power appliances may result in the adaptor over-heating,
- Often do not connect the vital earth pin. Some appliances require an earth connection so that if a fault occurs and an external metal part becomes live, the earth wire safely conducts the electricity away, tripping the circuit breaker or blowing the fuse. If the earth is not connected, the metal will remain live, electrocuting anyone who touches it.
All of our travel adaptors have been carefully selected following exhaustive tests, to ensure that they are entirely safe for use in the UK. They are not the cheapest on-line, but we guarantee that they are the safest.