- White plastic.
- The unit has a 13A fuse, which is a requirement in the UK for safety.
- Maximum load 13A.
Heavy duty adaptor:
- Tough Permaplug UK 13A plug with 13A fuse.
- High quality rubberised IP44 Schuko trailling socket.
- 0.4m of 1.5mm rubber cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable
- PAT tested.
Four way/gang adaptor
- White 13A plug.
- Robust high quality 4 gang Schuko socket supplied by RS electronics. Unlike most others available, the sockets are shuttered like their UK counterparts for added safety.
- 1m of 1.5mm white PVC cable for high current applications.
- Large red illuminated switch.
- PAT tested
What is a type F plug?
A type F plug is pictured and the following technical details may also help to identify it:
|Common Names||Configuration||Voltage||Max Current (Amp)|
2 pins in parallel
Live and neutral pins: Round, 4.8mm diameter, 19mm long, 19mm apart.
Earth: Two metal strips on opposite sides of the plug.
Unpolarised (plug can be inserted either way around)
If you are unsure of the difference between a French (type E) and German (type F) plug, further guidance can be found here.
What countries use a type F plug?
The plug is used in 36 countries. The 2 pin Europlug (type C) is also used in all of these countries for low current appliances. Please note that some countries may use a wide range of plugs; if you are unsure, check out our Travel Adaptors for UK Visitors Guide.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Chad, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea Democratic People's Republic of, Korea Republic of, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Niger, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saint Martin, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay and Vietnam.
Why buy your travel adaptors from us?
We began to sell travel adaptors after becoming concerned at how many sub-standard unsafe adaptors were being sold on the internet. A vast number of those on-line present with some or all of the following safety issues:
- Unsheathed pins, increasing the risk of electrocution, particularly for children whose small fingers may be able to touch the live pin when the plug is only partially inserted.
- Non-shuttered sockets, enabling a child to insert a metal object into the live receptacle and receive an electric shock.
- Cannot safely manage the maximum current (power draw) that may occur from the rating of the socket they are recommended to be used with. This means that high power appliances may result in the adaptor over-heating,
- Often do not connect the vital earth pin. Some appliances require an earth connection so that if a fault occurs and an external metal part becomes live, the earth wire safely conducts the electricity away, tripping the circuit breaker or blowing the fuse. If the earth is not connected, the metal will remain live, electrocuting anyone who touches it.
All of our travel adaptors have been carefully selected following exhaustive tests, to ensure that they are entirely safe for use in the UK. They are not the cheapest on-line, but we guarantee that they are the safest.