Adaptor designed to reverse the polarity of the live and neutral connection of a 16A IEC60309 socket. We are the only company on-line to provide this type of adaptor with superior 2.5mm sq H07BQ-F orange rubber cable for high current use and robust German manufactured connectors.
Unlike in the UK, it is not unusual on the continent for the 16A IEC60309 socket used for caravan hook ups to have the live and neutral pins incorrectly wired the opposite way around. This means that should a fault occur, the fuse or circuit breaker (if it still works in this reverse configuration) will trip, but disconnect the neutral connection. Whilst the equipment in your caravan will appear to be off, the live connection will still very much be live!
Avoid this hidden danger by using a polarity adaptor. In order to establish the polarity and safety of the site connection, use our inexpensive socket tester. If the live and neutral are reversed, simply plug in the adapter and retest.
- Heavy duty German manufactured plug and socket.
- 0.4m of 2.5mm sq bright orange H07BQ-F rubber cable, which is actually manufactured for marine environments.
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance.
- Unlike normal PVC cables, it doesn’t tangle itself into a giant birds nest! Pop it on the floor, give it a wiggle, and it’ll generally straighten out. No matter how long it is stored coiled up, it instantly straightens.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperate range from -40 to 90°C
- PAT tested
- Heavy duty H07RN-F rubber version also available.