Our new modular control system was developed following feedback from craftspeople who were looking for an automated way of controlling their dust extractor.
To create your own customised system, first select the appropriate control unit. This unit is wired using a single multi-core cable to the DoL motor starter found on larger dust extractors. (N.B. a starter switch is not the same as the similar looking but smaller NVR switch - see picture for details). Alternative control units for extractors without a motor starter are available 230v 13A, 230v 16A or 110v 16A.
Next select at least one sensor. Unlike other brands which rely on magnetic sensors being carefully placed onto the tool's motor, the system simply plugs into the power cable between the tool and supply. Any mix of sensors can be combined, enabling use across 110v, 230v ad 415v supplies.
All of the modules are simply connected to the control unit using a small signal cable. Every module has 2 communication sockets, enabling the units to be daisy chained together.
- Robust enclosure.
- Extractor is powered for approximately 20 seconds following removal of the last trigger to clear ducting. Time interval can be adjusted.
- 1.5m, 2.5mmsq, 7 core YY control cable. This cable must be connected to terminals within the extractor's motor starter.
- Dimensions L220mm x W120mm x D95mm (approximate).
- May be wall mounted.
- DoL starter is shown in the image to illustrate how the control unit is connected, and is not included.
Advantages of an automated system:
- Reduces dust, improving the workshop environment.
- Saves power by running the extractor only when needed.
- Reduces noise.
- Reduces heating bills (where extractor vents outside).