Our new modular control system was developed following feedback from craftspeople who were looking for an automated way of controlling their dust extractor.
To create your own customised system, first select the appropriate control unit from the 230v 16A or 110v 16A options above. A 230v 13A unit and a clever version that remotely controls a motor starter for larger extractors is also available. Further guidance can be found here.
Next select at least one sensor. Unlike other brands which rely on magnetic sensors being carefully placed onto the tool's motor, the system simply plugs into the power cable between the tool and supply. Any mix of sensors can be combined, enabling use across 110v, 230v ad 415v supplies.
All of the modules are simply connected to the control unit using a small signal cable. Every module has 2 communication sockets, enabling the units to be daisy chained together.
- Robust Italian made Gewiss enclosure.
- Dust proof mode switch enabling the dust extractor to be set to off, on or automatic.
- LED indicator to confirm the power supply (green) and whether the system has been triggered (red).
- Extractor is powered for approximately 20 seconds following removal of the last trigger to clear ducting.
- 1m H07RN-F 2.5mmsq industrial quality harsh environment rubber cable with 16A German manufactured Menneke industrial plug and socket.
- Maximum switching load 110v or 230v 16A (select option).
- One of the most common issues with vacuum switches, is that with prolonged use, the relay burns out due to the surge in power each time the vacuum motor starts. To overcome this issue, the unit is fitted with a relay rated at a massive 30A.
- If a no volt release switch (NVR) is fitted to the extractor, this will need to be bypassed (instructions provided).
- Dimensions L150mm x W120mm x D75mm (approximate).
- May be wall mounted.
- Can be supplied with any length of cable or alternative plug/socket on request.
- PAT tested.
Advantages of an automated system:
- Reduces dust, improving the workshop environment.
- Saves power by running the extractor only when needed.
- Reduces noise.
- Reduces heating bills (where extractor vents outside).