Fantastically versatile metal pedal foot switch, suitable for controlling a wide range of tools including scroll saws, table routers, grinders, drill presses, log splitters and lathes. Simply plug the unit in between the tool and the power supply.
The pedal was developed in response to customer feedback that there was a real need for a heavy duty pedal with a latching output. Whilst latching pedals are available, they tend to be for low current applications. This unit uses a standard pedal, with a special control unit that converts the pulse each time the pedal is pressed to a latching output:
- When pedal is pressed, the socket turns on. It remains on when the pedal is depressed.
- When the pedal is pressed again, the socket turns off.
- As a safety feature, if the power to the unit is disconnected, the socket will always revert to being off when next connected, even if it was latched on when last used
- Robust alloy metal foot pedal with blue/green painted finish, for heavy duty workshop applications.
- IP65 rated enclosure. This is an incredibly robust unit, which we found in Germany following an extensive search.
- Neon power on indicator.
- Power tool controls often suffer from the relay burning out due to the high current when motors start. To overcome this issue, this unit uses a 20A contactor instead. A contactor is a essentially a much more heavy duty relay, used in industrial switching.
- 3m cable (1m between the 13A plug and unit, 2m between the unit and pedal).
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Rated at 230v 13A.
- Where fitted, an NVR would need to be bypassed for the pedal to control the tool.
- PAT tested.
- Can be supplied with any length of cable or alternative plug/socket on request e.g. Schuko socket for European tools.