This fantastically useful product was developed following feedback from camper van owners, who reported that whilst there was a real need for this type of lead, it could not be purchased in the UK.
The lead has a special connector which is a combined 16A plug and socket. It simply plugs in between a standard hook up lead, and a caravan/motor home/camper van 16A inlet. The beauty of the combined connector is that it is only 130mm long (80mm when connected), meaning that unlike other types or T connectors, it does not result in the hook up connector protruding out too far.
Marine grade 2.5mm sq H07BQ-F orange rubber cable is used, which is simply in a different league to cheap orange artic cable. The cable is normally used to connect boats as it is exceptionally flexible, tough and resistant to the elements.
Please select from 5m or 10m length with either a single or double weatherproof socket. The larger 2.5mm sq cable means that the double socket can safely draw a full 16A (assuming no load from the caravan itself).
- Heavy duty Lewden IEC 60309 combined 16A plug/socket connector.
- 2.5mm sq cable for high current applications.
- Either single or double Hamilton IP66 rated weatherproof socket.
- Industrial specification H07BQ-F orange cable, originally designed for harsh marine environments.
- The cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperature range from -40 to 90°C.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.