Specifically designed for the safe connection of boats with a 230v 16A Marinco plug to marina power supplies, commonly referred to as a 'hook-up' or 'shore line' power cable.
The internet seems to be awash with cheap boat hook-ups using 1.5mm sq orange or blue artic cable. As 1.5mm sq cable is underrated and artic cable also has poor resistance to both mechanical/UV damage and should not be used below -5C, we won't entertain using it.
Our leads are carefully constructed in our workshop from 2.5mm sq black H07RN-F rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments, making it far more suitable for marine applictions. Whist cables should never be submersed, it is good to know that if the worst should happen, the cable is submersion rated to a depth of 100m!
- Available in 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m and 25m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Genuine Marinco 230v 16A socket connector. Please beware of cheaper 'Marinco compatible' sockets, which are not constructed to the same marine grade standard.
- Heavy duty IEC 60309 IP44 rated German manufactured Menneke plug.
- 2.5mm sq cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments.
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance to impact and abrasion, making it ideal for harsh environments on-site.
- Unlike normal PVC cables, it doesn’t tangle itself into a giant birds nest! Pop it on the floor, give it a wiggle, and it’ll generally straighten out. No matter how long it is stored coiled up, it instantly straightens.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperature range from -25 to 55°C.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- A bright orange version using H07BQ-F cable is also available.
- PAT tested.