Due to the demand for outdoor heaters, some are now being supplied with a European CEE 7/7 two pin plug, which is used across Europe and parts of Scandinavia as it fits both the German Schuko (side earth contacts) and French (earth pin) type of sockets.
To comply with the UK Plugs and Socket Regulations, these must be supplied with an adaptor. The issue is that the adaptor then means that the plug won't allow the lid on the outside socket to close and they are prone to over heating.
You can simply overcome the issue without cutting of the plug and risking potentially voiding the warranty, using our European adaptor. If the supplied cable is too short, then this extension lead connects to the 2 pin European plug on the heater, providing an extension and adaptor in one. Perfect for outdoor heaters.
As the heater will be connected to a 13A plug, it is important to check that the heater is rated at less than 2,990w. European appliances can use up to 3,600w as European sockets are rated at 16A - this will overload a UK socket.
If you need to store your cable neatly, click on one of the range of carefully selected storage solutions below:
|Velcro tie||H Frame||
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose option from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug) in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside).
- Tough rubberised 16A European Schuko socket.
- 1.5mm cable for high current applications- these leads won’t get warm when used at 13A (when uncoiled).
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.