This range has been specifically designed following customer feedback, to provide the only weatherproof lead available within the UK, which is compatible with the particularly large 13A molded plug now fitted to BMW, Tesla, Nissan and some Jaguar charging cables. Further information on the challenges posed by large plugs can be found in our guide.
Adaptor designed to enable EV chargers with an extra large UK 13A plug, to be connected to 16A industrial IEC60309 sockets at camp sites and marinas (please see our guide on the safe temporary charging of electric vehicles using an extension lead). Although campsites and marinas use 16A sockets, it doesn't mean that they can always supply that amount of current- some are protected by a 6A or 10A circuit breaker- the adaptor will work, subject to the socket being able to supply the current required to charge your vehicle.
A 32A plug option is also available for the larger socket commonly found in commercial and industrial buildings.
- 16A version - Robust IP44 rated German manufactured plug (as shown in picture).
- 32A version - IP44 rated Pro-elec plug.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality Hamilton single socket.
- 0.4m of 2.5mm cable (16A version) or 4mm (32A version) for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance to impact and abrasion, making it ideal for harsh environments on-site.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperate range from -25 to 55°C.
- PAT tested.
Custom lengths can be made, together with any combination of plug and socket available across the globe (subject to the requested lead being deemed safe and meeting regulations for use within the UK or delivery destination).