Specifically designed for the safe connection of caravan and motor homes on camp sites, where they are commonly referred to as 'caravan hook ups'.
The internet seems to be awash with cheap caravan hook-ups using 1.5mm sq orange or blue artic cable. As 1.5mmsq cable is underrated and artic cable also has poor resistance to both mechanical/UV damage and should not be used below -5C, we won't entertain using it. They also do not comply with the requirements of BS7671 IEE for connecting caravans (2.5mmsq minimum cable required).
Our leads are carefully constructed in our workshop from marine grade 2.5mmsq H07BQ-F rubber cable, which offers many of the benefits of black H07RN-F rubber, with the advantage of being bright orange. We are the UK supplier to provide this superior cable, which has a silicone appearance and is exceptionally tough.
- Heavy duty CEE IEC 60309 16A plug and socket (commonly referred to as industrial, CEE or Commando connectors). We only use extremely robust IP44 German manufactured Menneke connectors.
- 2.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07BQ-F is ideal for harsh prolonged use outdoors.
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical and UV resistance.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperature range from -40 to 90°C.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.
A heavy duty black rubber H07RN-F version of the cable is also available.