Designed following customer feedback, this lead is the only weatherproof extension lead available within the UK, with a socket which can accommodate the bulkier designed 13A plug now fitted to Electric Vehicles (EVs). Please see our article on safely charging electric vehicles for advice on extension leads. We know that deciding on the right temporary charging solution can be more complicated than anyone would first think - please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in any way.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our workshop from the highest quality and most robust cable and plug/sockets available. The H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments and its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
Available with or without an in-line 30mA RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside). Extension leads without an RCD, MUST be connected to an RCD socket if used outside.
If you intend to use an extension lead to power an inflatable hot tub, please read our hot tub electrical safety guide.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated Hamilton single switched socket. This is a really robust unit, which will remain watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction.
- Socket can be locked shut using a padlock (max diameter 5.5mm).
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications- these leads won’t get warm when used at maximum load (when uncoiled).
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.