This range has been specifically designed following customer feedback, to provide the only weatherproof extension lead available within the UK, with a socket which can accommodate the particularly large 13A molded plug now fitted to BMW, Tesla, Nissan and some Jaguar charging cables. Further information on the challenges posed by large plugs can be found in our guide.
Please see our article on safely charging electric vehicles for advice on extension leads. It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. Tough Leads simply supply high quality extension leads; it is down to the user to determine what applications they are used for. If in any doubt, consult an electrician.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our workshop from the highest quality and most robust cable and plug/sockets available. The H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments and its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications.
- Available in 0.4m (adaptor to connect the EV charger to your existing outside socket), 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose option from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug), RCD plug or an in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside). Please use our guide to ensure that you select the correct type of RCD for your application.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality socket.
- 1.5mm cable for high current applications- these leads won’t get warm when used at 13A (when uncoiled).
- The industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance to impact and abrasion, making it ideal for harsh environments on-site.
- Unlike normal PVC cables, it doesn’t tangle itself into a giant birds nest! Pop it on the floor, give it a wiggle, and it’ll generally straighten out. No matter how long it is stored coiled up, it instantly straightens.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Whist we would never recommend that you submerse an extension lead, it’s good to know that just in case it ends up running through a puddle, the cable it’s actually submersible to a depth of 100m.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperate range from -25 to 55°C.
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.