Weatherproof double 10mA RCD protected sockets, ideal for providing power to any item used in the vicinity of water or other hazards. Please see our hot tub safety page for further advice. Particularly useful for increasing the safety of older portable hot tubs, which were not fitted with an RCD.
Unlike many other types of socket, these units can accommodate the larger 2.5mmsq flexible cable used on many hot tubs, enabling the lid to be closed shut.
We don't just sell sockets. We are obsessed with finding the highest quality components for the Tough Leads range of products. As part of our development of a different product range, we bought in and evaluated every type of outdoor 13A socket available in the UK. These sockets shone as the winner by a long margin, and are simply in a different league to the standard cheap versions found in DIY stores. Having now fitted many thousands of them to our range of extension leads, we've found them exceptionally reliable.
- Socket is protected by a super-sensitive 10mA RCD. An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. RCDs offer a level of personal protection that ordinary fuses and circuit-breakers do not provide. Most UK RCD sockets have a rating of 30mA, which is fine for garden power tools. In higher risk applications, a 10mA RCD increases the level of protection provided.
- Robust high impact UV stable construction. The plastic will not discolour, fade or crack and operates in extremes of temperatures.
Easy-to-open latch, ensuring that the socket remains closed, even with the larger 2.5mmsq flex. Unlike other cheaper brand, the clips won't break off.
Multiple 20mm round entry positions on all four sides and single 20/25mm entry on the back.
IP66 rated, which means that it provides complete protection to the ingress of dust, and will remain waterproof even when subject to powerful water jets from any angle.
To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (5.5mm maximum diameter).
- Ensure that the socket is installed and tested in accordance with the IET Wiring Regulation.
- The socket must be cited as far away as possible from any hazard and in no circumstances closer than 2m to any body of water (IET Wiring Regulation 702.32).
- In higher risk situations, the socket must be kept 30cm off the ground (IET Wiring Regulation 702.53).